Medical malpractice involves those claims or actions resulting from the death or injury to any person arising out of the care or treatment rendered by a physician, nurse, and other health care professional and/or entity. Unfortunately, professional negligence by health care professionals happens every day. According to the Institute of Medicine, 98,000 people die every year because of medical errors. Preventable medical errors and mistakes are the leading cause of accidental death in the United States.
The lawyers at Philips Branch & Hodges have extensive experience successfully litigating medical malpractice claims and have obtained record jury verdicts in this field, including the two highest jury verdicts in medical malpractice wrongful death cases in Muscogee County, Georgia. Some of our representative cases have involved, but are not limited to:
- Anesthesia Malpractice: Anesthesia malpractice is usually devastating and can result in serious injury, brain damage, or death. Examples of anesthesia malpractice can include: failure of alarm or monitoring devices; failure to properly monitor blood pressure, respiration, or pulse; failure to follow established and recognized precautions; and failure to properly place a patient's breathing tube. Health care professionals understand that there is little room for error and that stringent precautions must be properly followed.
- Birth Injuries: Parents trust their health care provider to competently and skillfully guide them through the birth of their children. However, when complications arise during pregnancy or delivery, a parent's joy can quickly dissipate and turn into terror. The attorneys at Philips Branch & Hodges pursue claims involving serious birth related injuries as a result of the negligence of health care providers.
- Brain Injuries: Neurological injuries are often severe and can dramatically affect both the injured person and their loved ones who often struggle and sacrifice to take care them. Medical malpractice actions which involve brain injuries are often complex and should be handled by experienced attorneys. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced brain injury attorneys.
- Emergency Room Errors: Patients who present to the emergency department of a health care facility are relying on competent and expeditious care being provided by those they have entrusted their lives to; each second matters. When physicians and other providers fail to conform to the standard of care incumbent upon them to provide, serious and permanent injury can result. Our attorneys are familiar with the many nuances involved in a pursuing an emergency room malpractice claim. Call us today for your free consultation.
- Gastric Bypass Malpractice: Designed to induce weight loss, gastric bypass surgery makes the stomach smaller and lets food bypass a portion of the small intestine. Due to surgeon inexperience, as well as a failure of many treating health care providers to properly diagnose and treat surgical complications, a large number of people needlessly experience severe and permanent injuries and/or death after undergoing gastric bypass surgery. The attorneys at Philips Branch & Hodges have successfully litigated claims on behalf of victims of gastric bypass malpractice. Contact us today for your free consultation.
- Medication Malpractice: Medical providers and entities must ensure that the medications they prescribe to their patients are being administered correctly and that their patients are not experiencing dangerous adverse side effects. Failing to ensure that the correct dosage or even the correct prescription is being administered can be a deviation from the standard of care and can result in serious injury or death. Contact Philips Branch & Hodges today to speak with one of our medication malpractice attorneys.
- Failure to Diagnosis or Misdiagnosis: Sometimes the window for successfully treating an illness or disease is narrow. Failing to properly diagnose someone with a serious illness or disease at the time of initial complaint can have catastrophic consequences and result in irreparable harm. If you or a loved one has not timely received the treatment you needed as a result of the negligence of another, call our attorneys today for your free consultation.
- Nursing Home Negligence: Nursing homes have a professional and ethical obligation and duty to render competent care to the loved ones we have entrusted to them. Unfortunately, these institutions, more often than not, operate below ideal staffing levels with under/poorly trained personnel resulting in serious and entirely preventable injury to loved ones. Claims against nursing homes can include, but are not limited to the following: patient falls, bed sores, misdiagnosis, malnutrition and/or dehydration, and/or physical or sexual abuse. Contact one of our nursing home negligence attorneys today for a free case evaluation.
For more information about the medical malpractice cases Philips Branch & Hodges has successfully handled, please view our results page.
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of the professional negligence of a medical provider or hospital, call Philips Branch & Hodges
today for your free case evaluation. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Columbus GA are prepared to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call today to see why residents of Columbus & Macon, GA hire us to assist them.